CHAO VISION INSTITUTE
Main Office: 2500 Alton Parkway Ste 102, Irvine, CA 92606
North County Office: 1955 Sunny Crest Dr. Ste 120, Fullerton, CA 92835
Specializing in Cataract, LASIK, and Corneal Refractive Conditions & Treatment
See a subspecialty eye surgeon for laser vision correction
Lawrence C. Chao, M.D.
Now offering complimentary LASIK consults appointments at two Chao Vision Institute locations. All surgeries will be performed at the Main Office location in Irvine, CA.
Fellowship-Trained LASIK Eye Physician & Surgeon
About Laser Vision Correction
LASIK stands for Laser Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis.
Photorefractive Keratectomy or PRK may be the recommended refractive procedure as an alternative to LASIK for selected patients.
- LASIK works by creating a thin flap in the upper portion of the cornea. Both microkeratome-based and femtosecond-based LASIK generally have good outcomes with few complications.
- Using a cool excimer laser, the surgeon reshapes the cornea allowing light and images to focus precisely onto the retina to produce clear vision.
- PRK differs from LASIK in that a corneal flap is not made.
- The eye surgeon gently removes the outer layer of cells (the epithelium) then applies a cool excimer laser to reshape the cornea.
- Since it may take a few days for the epithelium to heal, patients may experience minimally more discomfort with PRK than LASIK.
Both LASIK and PRK are extremely safe and effective eye procedures to treat a wide range of common vision problems including nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism.
What to look for when choosing a Lasik eye surgeon
At Chao Vision Institute, we encourage you to compare and contrast your laser vision correction options. Beyond price shopping, assess the surgeon, the facilities, the staff, other patient's experience, etc.
- EXPERTISE - Dr. Chao is one of the few fellowship trained LASIK eye surgeon offering university-level expertise in Orange County.
- COMMITMENT - Chao Vision Institute is a dedicated laser vision correction facility owned and operated by a Board Certified Fellowship trained eye surgeon and not just a general ophthalmology or optometry practice offering co-managed laser vision correction.
- INTEGRITY - At Chao Vision Institute, there are no sales counselors, Groupon specials, teasers, pitches, or out-of-pocket add-ons.
- RESULTS - Dr. Chao has successfully performed over twenty-thousand cataract, LASIK, and corneal refractive procedures. At Chao Vision Institute, we focus not only on achieving excellent results but also on how we achieve them.
"be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Your eyes deserve
Orange County's most trusted care in sight.
Lawrence C. Chao, MD
Refractive Eye Surgeon
Chao Vision Institute specializes in cataract, LASIK, and corneal refractive vision conditions and treatments.
See Dr. Lawrence Chao for a consult or second opinion if you are considering eye surgery, including Crystalens ™, Visian ICL™, and LASIK surgery in Irvine, Orange County, or the Los Angeles , Riverside, and San Diego areas.
tel 949-679-2426 | firstname.lastname@example.org